Registered Nurse - Croxteth Avenue, Liscard, Wallasey CH44 5UL
JOB PURPOSE Apply Now
To prescribe, deliver and supervise the execution of excellent standards of care in accordance with our policies and procedures; To lead a care team promoting rehabilitation and independence, together with dignity and respect, such that the lives of our residents is as they would wish it, and choose it, to be.
1. Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life.
2. Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our residents physical, social and psychological needs.
3. Oversee all aspects of medical management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
4. Build the positive reputation of the Business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders.
5. Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge.
6. Participate knowledgeably and professionally to all inspection visits, ensuring your team is ready at all times to do the same.
7. Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identity, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
8. Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to residents and employees.
9. Promote a cohesive team approach and a welcoming atmosphere to ensure staff members feel a connection with our residents and the home, and they are well supported to deliver high-quality care.
10. Understand the key targets of your host home and support the Home Manager in their achievement by promoting and practising high standards of nursing care and ensuring staff and shifts are supervised in a smooth manner.
11. Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times.
12. Attend relevant meetings both internal and external; attend regular team meetings and monthly appraisals with line manager.
13. Act as a reflective and a developmental practitioner participating in continuing professional development and meeting the requirements of professional re-validation.
Main Duties (not in any order of priority): Apply Now
We are looking for a dedicated, warm-hearted care assistant to work in our care home. This incredible special role will see you supporting the team, providing expert person-centred care to residents of all ages and abilities.
Implement action to meet and maintain care standards in all aspects of the resident’s personal care, including their physical, mental and emotional well- being. At night providing and an environment conducive to sleep and answering promptly all nurse alarm calls.
Assist with the serving of food, assisting residents with eating and drinking as required. Prepare light meals and snacks liaising with kitchen staff as necessary.
Assist residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
Assist with the implementation of social activities, and help residents to participate in them to promote their physical and mental well-being.
Assist in the formulation and implementation of care policies and procedures.
Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the home.
Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise. Uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’ and enhance the interface between staff, residents and visitors.
Participate in maintaining a clean environment and adhere to Infection Control Guidance.
Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of care implementation and delivery
To provide planned care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations which include Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and Care Act 2014 under the direction of the Manager and Registered Nurses, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time
To accompany residents on community visits where required and as duty rota permit.
To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents' meetings as appropriate. Keep the Registered Nurses informed of the changing needs of the residents and contribute to the process of care planning.
Main effective communication. Implement action to meet and maintain care standards.
Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for
residents therapeutic care.
Ensure Residents rights are protected and that they and their family are involved in decision making about their care were appropriate.
Record relevant activities in Care Plans.
Assist in the maintenance of the expected standards of cleanliness throughout the home. Assist the residents to maintain the tidiness of their bedrooms. Ensure clothing is put away appropriately and in a good state of repair. Ensure all laundry is placed in appropriate skips.
Be aware of the Homes Policies and Procedures in relation to Health & Safety and ensure all correct protocols and procedures are adhered to in relation to these.
Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of care and nursing equipment.
Ensure residents privacy and dignity is maintained and act to protect and safeguard them at all times.
Ensure residents confidentiality is maintained
Complete resident documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth attending at least training sessions per year (other than fire and manual handling) in addition to training identified during supervision and appraisal reviews. Also, ensure competency in practice and in the use of all equipment provided for use.